We are proud to have released a major update to our Advanced Forensic Scheduling, cloud-based software.
The following are some of the highlights. For a complete list of historical release notes, view the FPM Wiki.
The Demo is available and updated with the latest version. Import a collection of XERs that you are struggling to analyze to see the recent updates. Jump right into your analysis with any Microsoft or Google account.
User Interface Improvements
Various UI improvements across the product, including:
- Tables now exportable to CSV files
- Re-arranged the Windows page to better use existing space
- Added informational messages when the AFS algorithms are updated and an existing project collection has not been processed using the updated algorithms. Re-processing the collection is optional.
- Improved formatting of the Gantt chart
- Added direct links to wiki help pages in some appropriate areas
Project Collection Configuration Improvements
- Users can now re-process XERs instead of deleting and re-importing
- XER files saved in “UTF-8 with BOM” format now supported
- Now detecting and displaying schedule calculation settings, and warnings when these settings are missing from the XER
- Improved information about how to process a single snapshot against itself (typically we operate on the Window level, requiring at least two projects; now allowing a single project to be analyzed)
- Added progress bars for XER imports and Project Collection processing
- Display Project Title (long name)
- Significant improvements to Relationship Free Float calculation, including calculating RFF down to the minute based on exact daily working periods
- Include holidays and exceptions from base calendars
- Added additional filters for path selection, such as “Critical”, “Near-Critical”, “Top 10”, etc
- Now expiring lag when appropriate to more accurately calculate Relationship Free Float; generally improved lag handling
- Exposed experimental Driving flags for activity Starts, Finishes, and Relationships. These flags indicate how an Activity or Relationship is being driven (e.g., DataDate, Actualized, Remaining Lag)
- Improved Out of Sequence detection
- Improved Satisfied relationship detection
- Improvements to the way “Driving Starts” are selected for path ranking and display
- Beta: released a project dashboard and planned-earned chart for user feedback
- Implemented a Service Fabric backend cluster to operate the processing algorithms, providing better scalability and uptime
- Improveded performance of XER import and analysis
- Implemented global deadlock resilience
- Continuing to improve FPM Wiki help pages